Friday, May 11, 2007

11th Wikipedia Post

I did my third and final post on the article Surf Culture in wikipedia. I added "The "locals only" expression is common among most beach towns, along with "Go home Shoobie/Bennie." These sayings are consistent with the territorialism that drives the beach culture and those that live on the coastal territories year round." I thought this was a good sentence to add for those people who are not aware of what shoobie and bennie mean. Shoobie is an everyday saying in my hometown during the summer when all the vacationers are down. So those of you vacationing in a beach town and someone comes up to you saying what's up shoob or what's goin on shoobie- your doing something to stick out from the local crowd (perhaps socks with sandals? that's a sure sign).

2 comments:

Brenna Christensen said...

Ha.. surprisingly, I know exactly what a shoobie is ... I have never been called one though because I am at the beach just about every weekend each summer and avoid touristy things.

Kristie Maher's blog said...

Some people might have called you one and you just haven't heard them or noticed! HaHa, just kidding..your not shoobie material. =)