Sunday, May 20, 2007

Reaction to The Warped Tour Article

The article on The Warped Tour is another popular article on wikipedia that has received a great deal of attention through edits. The only part that has continually been updated on the article is the history section. My additions have remained which I'm very happy to say. This article seems to generate many graffiti-like comments such as someone posting 'The Warped Tour sucks' or a comment of that nature. I think it is great that the wikipedia community is so quick to react to these edits in order to keep the article clean and truthful. Hopefully the users who use their editting powers in a negative way are relieved of their rights to edit, yet the individual can go right back on and create a new username to continue doing what they want to do. I guess that is just something the site has to deal with by being a wiki, yet I do believe it is worth it and I do give a great deal of credit to wikipedia officials as well as the overall wiki community for keeping the articles updated and factual!

No comments: